Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pasta Party

So I think I have a new Saturday routine.  I have found this stand in the Pike Place Market called Pappardelle.  The pasta place also gives you a recipe with the pasta which is fun as well.  While I think the vegetables are a little overpriced in the market it is still fun.  There is a farmer's market in Redmond where I live however it is generally under-attended by people I would like to buy from and isn't open as long as Pike Place Market.

I also have discovered a bakery in Pike Place which sells day old bread for a dollar which is way cheaper than I normally get from the store near my house.  So recently I have been making the trip downtown to get pasta and bread (and maybe vegetables) on Saturdays.  It is nice because I get out of the house and get to experience Seattle (which isn't really that interesting but still).

The pastas they have are really neat.  They all kinds of weird stuff like Spinach Garlic.  It seems this place only sells at farmer's markets and the websites suggest a sort of central making place however for 1/2 a pound for $5 I think it is worth it to get some new kind of pasta I have never tried.  My biggest problem recently with my cooking has be the boring food which is always the same and this will hopefully spice it up some more.  Also they have vegan pastas (which I buy) and vegan recipes which is nice as well.  I am slightly worried about the more starchy diet I have started however since I normally eat 1/3 to 1/4 as much as I used to I think it averages out.

It also seems like you can order the pasta online at a 20% discount to the market which is kinda frustrating.  If you have a farmer's market near you which sells this pasta let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.