Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A representative I can get behind

So today I open my mailbox and I got a letter (a general letter not a personal one) explaining the actions of my representative to the state legislature.  Now in general I hold high contempt for them.  The state is largely staffed by democrats and I do not agree with a lot of their policies and fiscal decisions.  Well this representative is high on the ways and means committee and discussed some of the action he made.  Additionally he explained why he voted against the budget.  This was really cool in my opinion.

Basically (as is true with all state and federal budgets) there is no real discussion on how to reign in spending.  While the budget gap out here was closed this year there is likely a large hole next year as well.  What was amazing is some of the (handpicked) amendments to the budget that didn't make it through.  One was to merge 3 very similar agencies to reduce overhead (which failed).

Basically I wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised that he even sent out a letter explaining his positions, most politicians shit in your face then ask for more money.  At least this politician is trying to explain his actions.  I wonder how common this is (I have never seen anything like this before).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.