Sunday, May 9, 2010

Always have a backup plans

So today I woke up and I was like, 'I am going for a bike ride.'  I planned out a path that would take me about 23 miles and would end up at a bus stop where I could get a ride back home.  Let me tell you I was flying, it was a great ride.  I was at about mile 12 when my back tire blew out.  Not only that but I didn't have a spare.  So I had to walk the remaining 11 miles to the bus stop to get a ride home.  So a 1.5 hour trip turned into a 5 hour trip.  It was not fun.  Now I have to get my bike fixed and I can't ride it into work tomorrow.  :-(

This also reminds me.  On my list of things that need to exist in heaven are:
  1. Cold shower after a long run or bike ride
  2. Naps on Sunday or Saturday afternoons when the wind blows through the house and it is sunny outside.
Those are two of my favorite things.  I got to take a nap today and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.