Sunday, May 30, 2010

Awesome Idea

So this is awesome, Planet Money has bought a piece of an MBS for $1000 (originally it sold for $75000) and they are tracking the progress of the MBS.  This is so neat.  For $1000 they have quite a story for their blog.  The tracking widget is here.

Man I wish I had thought of it, it would have been a great hook for a blog and since I am not great at picking stocks I may have made more money than I am currently making in the market.

Also they have a map of where the mortgages are located.  So neat.  Such a great idea, wish I had thought of it.

Additionally what is interesting is that the New Jersey Carpenter's Vacation Fund is suing the company that made the MBS (Royal Bank of Scotland).  It keeps getting more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.