Monday, May 31, 2010

Quick Post: Changes in the Republican Party

I found this article on Newsweek.  It has some interesting thoughts.  Basically the idea is the the heart of the republican party is moving ideologically.  This distinction is seen in the southern republican ideology moving into a western republican ideology.  I will say I completely disagree that Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are western republicans.  They belong to the trendy moron republican crowd.

What is most exciting though is that western republicanism is very libertarian in roots and ideology.  I guess my hope that the republican party would split between the trendy moron crowd and the libertarians is instead a movement to a more libertarian viewpoint.  I don't know how truthful this article is but it is thought provoking.

1 comment:

  1. I agree ... Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck seem to me to be more "southern conservative".

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.