Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pasta de Jour

So today I went downtown again to get past.  Today went a lot better than my difficulties with the Teamsters union last week.  On this week's food list is:
I am looking forward to this week.  I put the bread I bought into the fridge so it won't go bad as fast.  The one dollar bread is nice because I get to try all kinda of new breads.  The only problem is that they are loaded with carbs so Iam not eating that well.  I also got myself up early this week (actually I was already up) to be downtown by about 8:30 am.  So I was able to move in the market and actually buy stuff without having non-shopping tourists all over.  It was nice however the stores don't all open until about 10:00 so I couldn't get to every store.

I also noted last week that they were charging a 20% mark-up over the website.  Well today I realized they actually give you more than you ask for.  So a 1/2 lb bag of anything is 5$.  Well I noticed both of my bags come in heavy at about 2/3 lb.  What the sellers were doing was lifting the bag to make the weight exactly 1/2 lb for the price printer and then leaving the extra in the bag for you.  It is really nice of them to do.  Makes me feel a little better about spending $5 on a bag of pasta (which isn't much more than a box from a store I might add and I get really cool pasta from this place).

My results from last week were that the lemony one was way too lemony and the one with mozzarella in it was too gooey with the addition of the cheese to stomach for the week.  I am hoping to have better luck this week with my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.