Thursday, April 29, 2010

Twits Tweeting

So, I am not a fan of tweeting.  I don't really give a shit if you found a deal on a pair of shoes or just took a major crap.  So anyway I remember a year or so ago at the state of the union address there was a big splash made of the congressmen who were tweeting during the address.  I find this insulting.  You are there to do the entirely difficult job of writing laws for a diverse and complicated country.  While I agree that the state of the union has become a pep rally for the majority party, tweeting during the address, come on.

Anyway, I haven't thought much about it until I came across this article on newsweek.com.  As you know I am a big fan of factcheck.org.  I wish more people visited there.  I think it will help a lot, however it involves reading so that is out for 90% of the populace.  However maybe there is an app for that... that tweets... while you are reading... on the toilet...

Anyway, apparently congressmen are still tweeting.  The article goes into several 'factual difficulties' our 'intelligence impaired' congress have had, recently, on both sides.  What is difficult for me to understand is this: legislating is difficult, do you really think 140 characters is enough when the health care bill was like a million words long?  So you can't craft a bill that people can actually read but you feel like tweeting 140 characters is enough to explain the problems with health care reform or the motives of the opposition?  Come on people.  I would actually prefer if you all spent your time writing simpler laws rather than tweeting, leave that to the unemployed.  If you continue to tweet hopefully you will join them in 6 more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.