Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nominate me for the Supreme Court

So I am reading this article which states that Patrick Leahy is planning to ask:
"Do you share our concern about the fact that the court always seems to side with the big corporate interests against the average American?"

Here is why I should be nominated because I would answer the following:
"I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.  The court's sole purpose stated in the constitution is to decide the constitutionality of laws passed by congress, and interpret the laws passed in the U.S. code.  If it seems that the court always sides with corporate interests then perhaps you should ask yourself why congress keeps making laws that favor corporate interests.  Do you share my concern that congress seems to side with big corporate interests against the average American?"
Now this would never get me nominated and this would be labeled as a decidedly conservative response, which it isn't.  This is a constructionalist response.  I would love to see someone get up there and say that.  I totallly would.  Unfortunately I will never get my chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.