Sunday, March 14, 2010

What Einstein would have said to put you to sleep

...in the kitchen.

So this is just a quick review of "What Einstein told his Cook 2."  Total yawn-fest.  I can't recommend this book.  However I will give it a few fun stars.  So my wife picked up this book off the bargin rack at a local independent book store.  It is very light reading.  It is slightly interesting as the author explains some things about the world of cooking, why things happen, etc.  I love it when tells you what is snake oil.  There is a lot of it in cooking apparently.  Despite these coupe of sections (a section is like 2 pages) mostly I was left thinking one of two things : "I wish he would give more detail about this," or "This is boring, shut-up."  It took me way too long to finish such a fluffy book which speaks to my lack of enthusiasm about the book.  However I will admit I am not the target audience.  I think the target was the average America who knows almost no science and can burn water.

Anyway, I can't recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.