Wednesday, March 24, 2010

O M G - AWESOME

NATIONAL PARK QUARTERS!!!!!!

I am so excited.  Look here.  America's National Parks are so awesome.  I would love it is every national park/reserve/marine/tree had a quarter I would so collect them all.

I have visited every national park I can.  Whenever I am on a trip and we pass a national park we have to stop.  Even at one I never knew existed: Minuteman Missile National Park.  (Which by the way it totally worth it if you are driving across South Dakota.)  Whenever I plan a road trip or trip in general the first thing I do is pull up nps.gov and see all the parks on the way.  Then I pull up the national grasslands, national marine reserves, national forests, etc. then I plan my trip.  (National Volcanic sites are cool too.  I even visited a small national park in Seattle, I was walking down the road with my wife and we saw the national park shield and I was like WTF.  There is a national park in Seattle.)

My favorite National Parks:  (Not in order.)
I do have one complaint though.  (I know surprise surprise.)  I feel frustrated that like 5 government departments run the 'National '.  For instance there is no place to go to research National Parks, Grasslands, Volcanic Monuments, Monuments, Marine Reserve, Forest, Historical Place, etc.  I feel like they should all be under the same umbrella.  If the government ever listens to me I would like to add that I would call it, "United States Department of AWESOME".  :-)

1 comment:

  1. National parks are truly amazing. I think this is one of the few things that we agree on for the government. However, I am really surprised that no one has used google maps or mapquest to create these maps. I can imagine that it would be relatively easy to make.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.