Saturday, March 13, 2010

Passing Health Care would sink both Parties...

I may be overstepping the analysis there but I think it is interesting that reason.com has two articles on their main page right now:
  • ObamaCare : Basically the thesis is that the democrats are wrong pushing this bill through at this time.  This will likely (and I agree here) sink the democrats in the midterm in general.  As much as I hate this 'vote for a party' BS that most people employ in this case it makes sense because all of each party are standing on the same side of the line.
  • Repealing Healthcare : The second article is basically stating that the republicans will be impotent in removing the health care once it is passed.  This is interesting to me and the article makes some points that I think are valid.  Mostly about removing entitlements.  I know first hand this problem as I talk to aging/retiring baby boomers and they say 'the debt is too big, the country is doomed' but then I say, 'Well we could cut social security, and medicaid and that will help a lot' to which I hear 'You're crazy.'
More on Health Care to come as we will eventually get something out of this congress.  I just hope somehow the politicians don't screw up the country more than it is when it comes to entitlements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.