Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wait, I should have a place in this course

So I have nothing important to blog about tonight.  I have no energy to blog something complicated.  However I wanted to talk about a really frustrating thing that I witnessed today.

So I am in training currently.  After you leave school and enter the work force you will continually train both for your benefit and for a check box on your manager's commitments.  Some training is good and some is bad.  My training this week is putting me to sleep.  It makes me feel good to know I can still learn things on my own though.  I am probably too knowledgeable to get a LOT out of the course.  Little victories in life is what all people have to look forward to once they graduate.

Anyway, when you sign up for the course it specifically says that if you are not there on time your seat will be given away.  It actually says this in every email they send to you to remind you about the course.  Thus you can show up the day of and get in usually because people just do not show up.  So anyway today two people came in about 15 minutes late and were lucky there were still seats in the room.  The course was just opened like last week so apparently many people didn't get a chance to get approval.  Well anyway, about 2 hours later (about 25% of the day is gone by now) two people walk in right after each other and try to sit down.  The instructor is like, um, 'no leave, there is no room'.  To which the people are like, but 'I am registered'.  The course had run out of books for the course and thus there was no possible way they could have gotten in.

Even though all the emails and websites are like, 'you will lose your seat if you are not on time' these people still went up to the instructor and were like, 'but I'm registered'.  Unbelievable.  If I was the instructor I would not have been that nice to them.  I am sure the instructor deals with it all the time though.  For one the courses start about 9 AM usually.  Which is a whole hour after normal work starting times for other people.  This time is very much in the core hours of work time.  If you can't make it into work by this time there really is something wrong.  I just can't believe people in the world feel like they can just walk into anything and do whatever they want.  Based on the driving habits of people around here I really shouldn't be surprised at this attitude though.  Completely unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.