Friday, May 22, 2009

The winds of change

Promise this will be short today. I came across an interesting map on the economist, it is linked from this article. The map is about gay marriage and shows the way in which gay marriage or rights have been enacted by state. This is an interesting to see the places things have changed. It is my opinion that the world has changed enough that this flood will eventually cross the entire country. I am also jazzed that this is happening at the state level (since this is a right reserved to the states). I am so glad the federal government has not stepped into this area (yet, you know they can't help themselves). I am slightly disappointed to see the number of places where the courts did it instead of the legislature (4/13). However the majority is on the right side so I am more happy than sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.