Sunday, June 6, 2010

Book I have been reading for 4 years

It isn't often that I don't finish a book for years, well I just finished one last night that took that long.  This book was "Mel Gibson's Passion and Philosphy."  It took me a long time to get through it which is indicative of my review of the book.  Unfortunately I have read a lot of the 'pop culture and philosphy' series of books and after a while it is just the same thing over and over.  This book was actually a little different in that some of the essays were unique but I don't think that saved the book.  I feel the series on a whole has gone downhill and this book was a clear example.  It just wasn't engaging.  I remember having an intense reaction to the movie (I am an evangelical Christian for reference, or at least I think that is the sect that most defines most of my beliefs though there are major differences between me and the dogma).  Anyway.  I can't recommend this book.  If you want to read about philosphy and christianity there are better books and if you want to read one of this specific series there are way better ones as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be deleted if they are inappropriate.